TalksIf you are looking for an introduction to Buddhism we can recommend the following talks to listen to or download at Free Buddhist Audio.
- Who is the Buddha? - Includes an account of the Buddha's life and asks whether such a man can be defined or categorised.
- The Meaning of the Dharma - Explores the Dharma, or the teaching of the Buddha, in terms of the experience of reality, and also the expression of that experience in the form of the Buddha's teaching, especially the law of conditionality.
- What is the Sangha? - an introduction to the idea of spiritual community in Buddhism - one of the Dharma's best kept secrets.
- Introducing Buddhism - Includes the story of the Buddha's life, shows that there is no place for God in Buddhism, and explains the Noble Eightfold Path to Enlightenment.
- The Approach to Buddhism - Explores possible potentially misleading assumptions concerning Buddhism, and describes three principal avenues to a practical spiritual life.
- Readings from the Pali Canon - these readings are taken from the oldest scriptural texts and evoke the real spirit of early Buddhism - the struggles, the joys and the triumphs of ordinary people who followed the path to Truth.
- Buddhism and Ecology - A fascinating, challenging and, in the end, realistically affirming look at Buddhist practice in the face of global climate crisis.
- Eco Dharma